Banking & Finance
Financial transactions require careful consideration of the structure of the transaction, negotiating the commercial and legal terms and drafting and reviewing the documents to ensure they reflect what has been agreed.
When it comes to project financing (in particular), you need an awareness of the underlying commercial value drivers.
When dealing with international finance, you also need an appreciation of the complexities associated with cross-border structures and the ability to navigate associated international regimes.
MPH’s experience and expertise can assist in doing all of these things.
Established in 1992, MPH is a full service corporate and commercial legal firm, which provides personalised, accurate and practical advice to a wide range of banking and finance clients locally, nationally and internationally.
MPH acts for lenders in ensuring the conditions of their lending and entitlements are clearly documented and secured and for borrowers to confirm the terms are commercial, correctly reflect the agreement and their commercial requirements.
We assist lenders and borrowers with:
- Project finance
- Commercial loan facilities
- Property finance
- Financial products and services
- Regulatory compliance
- Security documentation, enforcement and advice
Our clients in this space include Banks, ASX listed companies, international investment funds, borrowers and developers.
- Acting for various investment funds in the structuring, negotiating and drafting of standard and hybrid (debt/equity/convertible) loan facility agreements with various listed companies for aggregate facilities exceeding A$1 billion
- Acting on complex project finance transactions for resources projects in Australia and internationally
- Advising banks on loan contracts
- Advising borrowers on renegotiating and restructuring their loan arrangements
- Acting for project proponents in relation to hybrid (debt/equity/convertible) financing arrangements