Banking & Finance
Lending or borrowing money requires consideration of structuring, negotiation of terms and documentation. Where financing of projects (in particular) is involved, an awareness of underlying commercial value drivers is important, as in many cases is an appreciation of the complexities associated with cross-border structures and the ability to navigate associated international regimes.
We assist lenders and borrowers with:
- Project finance
- Commercial loan facilities
- Property finance
- Financial products and services
- Regulatory compliance
- Security documentation, enforcement and advice
Our clients in this space include banks, ASX listed companies, US and Hong Kong based investment funds, borrowers and developers.
Our recent experience includes:
- Acting for various investment funds in the structuring, negotiating and drafting of loan facility agreements with various listed companies for aggregate facilities exceeding A$500m
- Acting on complex project finance transactions for resources projects in Australia and internationally
- Advising banks on loan contracts
- Advising borrowers on renegotiating and restructuring their loan arrangements
- Acting for project proponents in relation to hybrid (debt/equity/convertible) financing arrangements