- Didier Murcia AM
- Grant Pestell
- Evan Hillard
- Nigel Pakes
- Greg O'Shannessy
- Mark Burchnall
- Greg Wheatley
- Natalie Quek
B.Juris LL.B (Director)
Evan holds a Bachelor of Jurisprudence and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Western Australia and is head of our commercial, corporate and property teams.
Admitted in 1984, he has substantial experience in a broad range of commercial transactions and corporate practices. His breadth of knowledge extends from the listing, sale and acquisition of companies on the ASX and AIM markets, large scale property transactions, asset acquisitions and sales, complex contract preparation and negotiation in the property, energy and resources, ICT and pharmacy sectors to estate planning and structuring for substantial net worth individuals and families.
His practice involves a diverse range of contract and transaction work, where he is known for his attention to detail and assisting clients by using his wealth of experience in identifying areas of concern and risk in their transactions and operations, and in finding innovative solutions or alternatives to produce asuccessful outcome , with the protection of our clients being paramount.
As a result of the depth of his experience, he is always seeking sound commercial results to enhance our clients’ businesses, whilst ensuring proper legal protections are achieved in all transactions or documents.
His recent experience includes:
- Contract review and negotiation for the acquisition of several buildings in the CBD and tenders for the supply of services to both the Western Australian and Commonwealth governments.
- Estate planning for high net worth individuals and reorganisation of the structure of an estate following the death of the testator together with the documentation for farming family arrangements and dispersal.
- Sale of a 50% share of a significant Western Australian family business and negotiation of ongoing joint holding arrangements.
- Negotiation and drawing of agreement for lease and lease arrangements for various to be constructed medical centres.
- Drafting terms and conditions for the acquisition of a mining workers camp and agreements for its installation and ongoing operation.
- Submissions to the Office of State Revenue for review and refund of duty incorrectly assessed and paid on partnership acquisitions.
- Restructuring of arrangements for pharmacy ownership.
- Drafting motor vessel chartering terms and profit share structure.
In addition to his work as a lawyer, Evan has made significant contributions to the Alumni Association of Wesley College and the school attended by his 3 daughters, Penrhos College where he serves on its Council. In recognition of this contribution, he has recently been honoured with a Penrhos College rowing shell being named for him.
Evan takes great pride in participating in our Rafiki activities, associated with the delivery of hospital equipment to Tanzania, and acts as the Chair of the MPH Foundation.