- Didier Murcia AM
- Grant Pestell
- Evan Hillard
- Nigel Pakes
- Greg O'Shannessy
- Mark Burchnall
- Greg Wheatley
- Natalie Quek
Dip Law (Director)
Greg was admitted in 2004 and leads the commercial litigation team with Nigel Pakes. He maintains a diverse practice and has recent experience in disputes arising in finance, construction, mining and resources, energy, technology and health services.
Greg has advised and acted on behalf administrators, liquidators and creditors’ trustees. He has also acted for companies and company directors in insolvency and administration situations including the conduct of negotiations with creditors, advising on the voluntary administration process and guiding clients through to the implementation of deeds of company arrangement.
Greg acts on behalf of clients in the Federal Court and the various State Courts around Australia. His recent experience includes:
Construction, engineering, mining and technology
- Acting for an IT design, construction and implementation company in proceedings involving delay and disruption claims, liquidated damages claims, negligence and misrepresentation.
- Acting for a civil and earthworks contractor in a dispute with a listed miner.
- Acting for the owner of an industrial warehouse in a negligence claim against the head contractor responsible for construction of the warehouse.
- Acting for the owner and manager of a residential property development in a dispute with the head contractor in relation to incomplete works, delays and complex damages calculations.
- Acting for an engineering firm in relation to damages claims for negligence and breach of contract; and separately in connection with payment claims resolved by adjudication.
- Advising principals and contractors on extension of time, liquidated damages and other aspects of construction contracts including acting in adjudications under the Construction Contracts Act.
Shareholder, Partnership and Joint Venture Disputes
- Acting for a former director and shareholder of a large private company in proceedings involving alleged misappropriation of company funds exceeding $150m, breach of director duties and counterclaims to recover amounts paid into the company in excess of $500m.
- Acting for a former company director in relation to claims made the administrators of the company to recover damages or statutory compensation on the basis of an alleged failure to make best use of company funds and a failure to pursue corporate opportunities.
- Acting for a director on various issues arising before, during and following voluntary administration and liquidation, including claims made pursuant to director guarantees.
- Acting for a bankruptcy trustee in proceedings to recover unpaid director loans against a family owned and managed property development and management company.
- Acting for and against liquidators in relation to preference claims being pursued in various state Supreme Courts.
- Acting for a liquidator in an application for the sale of trust assets and approval of liquidator remuneration.
Trade Practices, Contract and Debt Recovery
- Acting for a health services provider in connection with a multi-million dollar claim arising from a global product recall.
- Acting for private and listed companies in relation to employee fraud including claims against former employees to recover stolen money and property.
- Acting in District Court proceedings in relation to alleged misrepresentations made by a supplier of brewing equipment to a local brewery.
Property Finance and Investment
- Acting for several indigenous corporations in relation to disputes arising out of alleged breach of land access agreements.
- Acting in complex debt recovery proceedings including in applications to set aside statutory demands and winding up applications.