- Didier Murcia AM
- Grant Pestell
- Evan Hillard
- Nigel Pakes
- Greg O'Shannessy
- Mark Burchnall
- Greg Wheatley
- Natalie Quek
LL.B BA (Phil Hons) (Director)
Greg is a Director of our corporate and commercial team and the head of our finance and investment practice.
He advises in a range of areas including corporate transactions, compliance, contracting, crisis management, banking, investment, financial services, intellectual property and information technology, shareholder arrangements and joint ventures.
Known for his diligence and pragmatic advice, Greg’s advice is regularly sought in negotiating and drafting complex transactions, particularly for acquisitions, disposals and financing.
Greg was voted by his peers as one of Australia’s Best Lawyers in the categories:
Greg's experience includes:
- Acted for HK, UK and US-based investment funds on the structuring, negotiating and drafting of equity line of credit and convertible loan agreements with various listed companies for aggregate facilities exceeding A$1 billion.
- Acted for factoring companies on the drafting of numerous factoring and security agreements.
- Acted for a consortium of credit unions to draft standard form reverse mortgage documentation for adaption and use Australia-wide.
- Acted for a mutual bank on the drafting of numerous contracts.
- Acted for a motoring services organisation on the drafting of numerous contracts.
- Acted for a lifestyle village operator on the drafting of numerous contracts.
- Acted for an SGX listed entity on the drafting of joint venture agreements and numerous mining production contracts.
- Acted for a mutual bank on the drafting and review of internal policy documents.
- Acted for a lifestyle village operator on its negotiations with a Western Australian government department regarding claims all leases granted by the operator were void.
- Acted for the peak body for Western Australian caravan park operators to advise on negotiations with the Government concerning the introduction of the Residential Parks (Long Stay Tenants) Act and to draft standard form lease documentation for use by all members of the body.
Intellectual Property and Information Technology
- Acted for a mutual bank on its entry into agreements with an IT service provider for the provision of core banking services, and numerous IP and IT agreements.
- Acted for a credit union to a corporate community on its entry into agreements with an IT service provider for the provision of core banking services.
- Acted for finance arm of a motoring services organisation on its entry into agreements with an IT service provider for the provision of core financial services and business operations.
- Acted for a US-based investment fund on the reconstruction and acquisition of a majority interest in an ASX-listed company and review and amendment of all joint venture documentation between the ASX-listed company and a Chinese State owned entity.
- Acted for a lifestyle village operator on its entry into a finance and investment agreement with a Malaysian-based investment fund.
- Acted for an investment trust on its investment into the operator of Australia’s most popular rental property website.
- Acted for a lifestyle village operator on numerous acquisitions and the drafting of residential site agreements
- Acted for various caravan park operators on the drafting of site leases.
- Acted for an ASX-listed property development company on its entry into financing and joint venture arrangements with an investment bank.