LL.B, BCom (Senior Associate)
Paul holds a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Western Australia.
Admitted in Western Australia in 2013, Paul is a member of our corporate and commercial team. He practises in a wide range of commercial and business law matters, including corporate transactions, contracting, financial markets and compliance.
Paul has over 6 years of broad commercial and corporate legal experience working with local and international listed and private businesses, primarily those in the technology and mining industries. Paul is very passionate about working with early stage companies and has advised and assisted a number of start-up businesses through their initial growth and development.
Paul has played a key role in various corporate transactions including share and asset sale and purchases, customer and supplier agreements, capital raisings (for both private and listed entities), initial public offerings, listed company takeovers by scheme of arrangements and joint venture arrangements.
Paul's experience includes:
- Advising a multi-billion dollar multinational company and its Australian subsidiary on several multi-million dollar acquisitions of synergistic Australian business.
- Assisting a number of start-up businesses with implementing a corporate framework (including where appropriate, restructuring) and general strategic advice.
- Advising a number of Australian listed entities on various capital raising transactions including rights issues and share purchase plans.
- Acting for Australian technology-based listed entity on several acquisitions of complementary business (including providing advice and liaising with ASX on issues arising from those acquisitions).
- Providing advice to listed entities and their directors in relation to a wide range of compliance related matters.
- Providing general advice on various acquisitions (including conducting and running associated due diligence processes).
- Advising on a wide range of corporate governance issues and incentive schemes.
- Advising a multi-billion dollar international company and its Australian subsidiary on the $120 million acquisition of an ASX-listed public company.