- Didier Murcia AM
- Grant Pestell
- Evan Hillard
- Nigel Pakes
- Greg O'Shannessy
- Mark Burchnall
- Natalie Quek
- Paul Cavanagh
LL.B (Managing Director)
Grant holds a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Western Australia.
Grant has 25 years experience in commercial and corporate law and in commercial litigation. Grant practices in corporate and commercial law and predominantly dispute resolution and advisory work and has extensive experience advising high net worth clients and both listed and private companies in the Information technology, Automation and Robotics, Biotechnology, Resources, Energy and Construction industries. He has been the Managing Director of MPH since 2000 and is regularly involved in and advises on complex commercial disputes, strategic contract negotiations, risk management and large-scale financing and restructuring. He advises on large scale ICT contracts, construction contracts, mining and gas agreements and commercial disputes in that regard and has had extensive dealings with various state governments and probity regimes in respect to tender/contract negotiations and with multinational companies across the above sectors. He also regularly advises public companies and directors on matters of corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions and risk management. In recent years he has worked extensively in the innovation space (digital, AI, robotics/automation and biotech) advising investors and founders on investment, national and international partnerships, commercialisation and scaling and IP strategy/protection.
In 2014, Grant was selected as one of the Global 250 Leading Lawyers in Australia by Lawyer Monthly Magazine.
Grant is currently non executive Chairman of RooLife Ltd, an artificial intelligence / e-commerce company, non executive director of Cosol Ltd an information and technology services provider and previously a non executive director of information and technology services provider ASG Group Limited and was a non executive director of SGX listed integrated construction and maintenance services group AusGroup Ltd in the mining, oil and gas sector.
- Acting for listed mining and oil and gas explorers and producers in contractual disputes, corporate governance, farm in/farm out arrangements, joint operating agreements, due diligence investigations, joint ventures, assets and share acquisition and divestment.
- Structuring, managing and executing corporate restructuring, asset and share mergers and acquisitions.
- Acting on a project managing international lawyers and being lead adviser and negotiator in a corporate transaction valued in excess of $500 million both on the ASX and SGX.
- Acting on multi-jurisdictional acquisitions.
- Acting on complex debt recovery matters.
- Acting on mediation in the Supreme and Federal Courts and separate contract mediations.
- Acting for listed ICT companies including consortia on substantial litigation and negotiating new contracts (including probity) with various levels of government, customers, subcontractors and partners.
- Acting for mining services providers (including EPC, EPCM and fabricators) on construction issues including variation and extension of time disputes and mediations.
- Acting for directors in claims for breach of fiduciary duties.
- Negotiating finance restructuring and working arrangements for facilities in property and mining and resource projects involving facilities up to USD$950 million.
- Acting on professional negligence claims against lawyers, accountants and financial advisers.
- Acting on actions for breach of the Australian Consumer law including for oppression, unconscionable conduct, misleading and deceptive conduct and breach of fiduciary duties.
- Acting on gas sale agreement disputes in Australia and Texas.
- Acting on defects claims in Federal and Supreme Court for damages of in excess of $100 million.
- Acting in complex litigation in relation to significant multi-million dollar Deceased Estates.
- Advising on various corporate acquisitions in the digital/information technology sector for both private and ASX listed companies.
- Advising on commercialisation opportunities and national/international partnerships/joint ventures for private and publicly listed companies across the innovation sector (digital, AI, robotics/automation and biotech).
- Advising Indigenous corporations on contract negotiations, enforcement of Land Access Agreements.