We understand that commercial disputes are an unwelcome distraction from the management of your business and a drain on your resources.
When commercial disputes arise, we aim to resolve the matter in the most cost efficient and effective manner. We explore pre-litigation intervention strategies but where necessary, we are well-placed to take decisive court action.
We promote a commercially minded approach to dispute resolution. Case strategy begins with identifying our client’s commercial objectives which are then used as a performance indicator during our engagement.
We gear our strategies to our clients’ business and long-term objectives with a focus on delivering timely, cost effective commercial outcomes. We regularly assess the direction of the dispute resolution process against those objectives.
The litigation team at MPH regularly acts in large-scale, multi-party and complex litigation in the Federal Court of Australia, the Supreme and District courts of Western Australia as well as the superior interstate courts. The cases that we act in frequently involve novel legal and factual issues and require creative strategies to achieve client objectives.
We act in mediations, arbitrations and other alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
We encourage our clients to discuss with us any anticipated commercial disputes or debt recovery concerns regardless of the amount involved, so that we can give early guidance or suggestions that may assist with achieving our clients’ objectives and avoiding protracted litigation.
Areas of expertise include:
- Construction, engineering and mining disputes
- Contractual disputes
- Corporations Act matters, including breach of director duties and shareholders’ rights
- Debt Recovery
- Enforcement of Securities
- Inheritance and deceased estate disputes
- Insolvency and bankruptcy
- Shareholder, joint venture and partnership disputes
- Professional negligence
- Trusts and equity
- Trade practices, competition and consumer law
- White collar crime
- Workplace relations, termination of employment and anti-discrimination
- Adjudication, arbitration, mediation and alternative dispute resolution.
- Property, finance and investment